Saturday, March 10, 2012

Nail polish obsessed.

I have a slight obsession with nail polish lately.  It's not too expensive to try a trendy color and you're never too fat/skinny/tan/pale/etc for polished nails.  Also, your nails don't have  to be long to paint them.  I actually prefer my nails cut short, both for practical reasons and because I think my polish chips less than when they're long.

My favorite neutral for a few months has been Essie Imported Bubbly, a light beige-tone, but I wanted to try the new Revlon ColorStay polishes that supposedly last 11 days.  I read a review in Good Housekeeping that it lasted 7 days, which is still way longer than most of my polish.  When I saw this super pale pink called Pale Cashmere, I had to buy it - I am forever looking for the perfect shade of pale pink that's not too pinkish.  Typically they look pale pink in the bottle and become bubblegum pink on my nails.  I think Revlon has hit the mark with this polish.


Please ignore my less-than-perfect cuticles and poor lighting.  I really think this color would flatter any skin tone and the polish was less than $7 at Target.  I just did my nails yesterday so I can't comment on the wear yet.

I also noticed Target had the new Essie Spring 2012 line, so I picked up Navigate Her, a light spring green color.  Green is my favorite color, so I suspect that by the end of the summer I'll have at least 3 more shades.  I painted this one on my toenails, which I did not photograph because I hate feet and therefore assume everyone else does too.  It is slightly darker on my nails than in the bottle, but I like it.  I tried to take an accurate photo of the polishes but I just have a point & shoot and not very good lighting - you get the idea though.



No comments:

Post a Comment